We are honoured to have participated as sponsors of the “Cartel Congress” which took place in Madrid on July 7th and 8th hosted by Thomson Reuters.
The event brought together lawyers, judges and top experts in Competition Law for two days to discuss the main issues and trends affecting antitrust litigation, such as the truck cartel, the milk cartel or the car cartel.
Complex issues such as the existence of damage and its quantification, the statute of limitations and liability were discussed.
The Director of the event was Alfonso Muñoz Paredes, Magistrate of the Commercial Court nº1 of Oviedo.
On 7 July, the following jurists took part as panelists:
- María Luisa Tierno Centella, Director of Competition, CNMC
- Patricia Vidal Martínez, President AEDC, Partner of URÍA MENÉNDEZ
- Rafael Gimeno- Bayón Cobos, Partner FORO LEGAL
- Cristian Gual Grau, Partner of URÍA MENÉNDEZ
- Crisanto Pérez-Abad, Partner Eversheds Sutherland
- Blas Alberto González Navarro, Lawyer BLAS A. GONZÁLEZ ABOGADOS
- José María Ribelles Arellano, Judge of the Provincial Court of Barcelona
- Julia Suderow, Professor at the University of Deusto
- Javier García Marreno, Partner PÉREZ LLORCA
- Sofía Gil García, Magistrate of the 17th Commercial Court of Madrid.
- Íñigo Igartua Arregui, Partner and Head of the Competition Department of Gómez- Acebo & Pombo Abogados.
- Rafael Fuentes Devesa, Magistrate of the Provincial Court of Murcia
- Eduardo Gómez López, Magistrate of the Commercial Court No. 1 of Seville
- Javier López García de la Serrana, Honorary President of HISPAJURIS ABOGADOS
The following experts in the quantification of damages participated on the 8th:
- María Vidales Picazo, Deputy Director of Economic Analysis, Department for the Promotion of Competition, CNMC
- Gunnar Niels, Managing Director OXERA CONSULTING LTD
- Enrique Cañizares, Partner, RBB Economics
- Álvaro Lobato Lavín, Magistrate of the Commercial Court No. 2 of Barcelona.
- Enrique Andreu, Executive Vice-President of COMPASS LEXECON.
- Joan-Ramon Borrel, Professor of Economics, University of Barcelona
- Arantzazu Golderos, DG Comp European Commission.
- Gustavo Andrés Martín Martín, Magistrate of the Commercial Court No. 1 of Alicante.
- María Pérez Carrillo, Partner of the litigation and arbitration department of CUATRECASAS.
- Andrés Barge Gil, Professor of Fundamentals of Economic Analysis at the Complutense University of Madrid.